Rehabilitation services we're offering.
Rehabilitation services such as:
1- Sports injury and performance
2- Back pain and spine care program
3- Pain management and post-surgery recovery
4- Neurological Conditions
5- Physiotherapy for Vertigo and Vestibular
6- Physiotherapy for TMJ and jaw pain
7- Physiotherapy for Concussion Syndrome
8- Physiotherapy for children
9- Physiotherapy for seniors
10- Occupational physiotherapy
11- In-home physiotherapy
What conditions do you treat?
We are able to Assess and Treat a very wide range of Musculoskeletal Conditions, e.g. Tennis Elbow; Golfer's Elbow; Whiplash Injuries; Back and Neck Pain; Sports Injuries; Arthritis; Shoulder pain, Hip pain, Fibromyalgia; Ankylosing Spondylitis; Spondylosis; Arthritis; Knee Pain; Ankle Pain; Sprained Ankle and Plantar Fasciitis, Bell's Palsy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Hand injuries, ligament Injury of any joint, Fracture, and Limited Range of Motion just to name a few. We are also able to offer Neuro-Physiotherapy for conditions such as Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, Balance issues, and other mobility impairments. We offer muscle or Joint Tapping to aid in sports and injury recovery and provide a full scope of exercise and rehabilitation techniques. Posture correction and Ergonomic advice. Our treatment modalities include Manipulation, Soft tissue and joint mobilization techniques, Electro therapy, for example, Ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, Interferential therapy, and dry needling/IMS. If your condition is not on the list, don’t worry! Talk to us to understand what we can do to help you!
What is Physiotherapy?
That sounds like a simple question, right? But it’s quite common for most people not to know what physiotherapy is, especially if you have never been to one. But no worries, we’re here to make it clear! Physiotherapy (or physical therapy) is an evidence-based treatment focusing on the Science of movement. It’s about increasing your well-being, body rehabilitation, injury prevention, and health promotion. With a holistic approach, a physiotherapist will assist you in restoring, maintaining, and maximizing your physical strength, function, and motion. Within physiotherapy, you can also find other rehabilitation services.
Why is Physiotherapy Important?
You may not realize it, but our daily routine can overwhelm us! There are too many tasks and responsibilities, and the "new normal" does not make things easier. So, we tend to postpone decisions, including the important ones—like your health, wellness, and movement! Checking with a physiotherapist is important for so many reasons. You can:
1- Reduce or eliminate pain
2- Improve your mobility
3- Avoid or recover from sports injuries and previous accidents
4- Boost your overall well-being
5- Increase your sports performance
6- Decrease chances of falling
7- Recover fast from surgeries
8- Avoid going through surgery
I live in Northwest Calgary. Where is physiotherapy near me?
Yes, if you live in NW Calgary or the Crowfoot area, you can find our physiotherapy clinic near you. We’re within a 10-minute drive from most Northwest communities, just 3 minutes from John Laurie.
Do I need a doctor's referral to see a physiotherapist?
In Alberta, you do not need a doctor's referral to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals (like doctors and dentists); therefore, you can go to them immediately. Some insurance companies, however, may demand a doctor's referral before they compensate you. So, if you have an extended healthcare plan and intend to claim your visit charges through your plan, check to see if a referral is required for reimbursement.
How can I make an appointment?
It’s easy and simple to book an appointment with us, and you can do it in three possible ways:
1. Make your appointment. You have probably seen some buttons "Book Now" on our website, Just click on it and go to the booking page. You just need to fill out a quick form, and we will call you within the next few hours.
2. Please contact us at (403) 375-7676. One of the simplest and easiest ways is to call us and schedule your appointment.
3. Come visit us in person. We have walk-in appointments. You can book your appointment in person. We are ready to see you on weekdays from 8 am to 7 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 2 pm. Our address is 20 – 217 Hawksbrow Dr., NW, Calgary, AB T3G 3K2.
What do I need to do for my first appointment?
Please register online at least 24 hours in advance of your first appointment. Otherwise, please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time to register in the clinic.
What do I need to bring with me?
1. Personal identification.
2. Your extended health insurance information (if you have one)
3. Your referral from your physician, if you have one. (Please note that Physiotherapists are first-hand practitioners, and you do not need a referral to receive the treatment)
4. Any written reports from tests that you have done. For example, X-rays, MRI, or CT scans. (These reports can be obtained from your local medical clinic or hospital medical records office)
5. If you are 18 or under, bring your parents or guardian with you.
6. Inside shoes. (For your comfort and hygiene, no outside shoes are allowed inside the clinic)
What can I expect from my first appointment?
1. Your first appointment will be an assessment and treatment. A thorough assessment is done through examination and interview. This is very important to determine an accurate diagnosis and to design a detailed treatment plan to achieve your individual goals.
2. The first appointment can take up to 60 minutes, so please allow yourself enough time. Subsequent visits will last between 30-60 minutes, depending on the nature of your injury.
How many treatments will I need?
Many factors impact therapy frequency and duration, including diagnosis, pre-existing conditions, lifestyle, and treatment compliance. We collaborate with both the patient and the referring physician to get our patients back to their desired level of activity as quickly and safely as possible.
Will my insurance cover my treatment?
Most Employee benefit plans / Insurance policies / Extended health plans (like Blue Cross, Sunlife, Canada Life, Greenshields, or Great West Life, etc.) cover physiotherapy and massage therapy services, and we do direct billing.
Can you directly bill my extended health insurance company?
Yes, we direct bill most insurance companies. Few may require that you pay upfront and submit a claim. We will provide you with an official receipt with all the required information to collect your reimbursement from your extended health insurance company.
How much does physiotherapy cost?
The value depends on the treatment and rehabilitation service you are looking for. Massage therapy sessions, for example, are in the $40 – $100 range, while physiotherapy services are around $80 – $100. Prices may vary depending on your treatment and if you want a quotation for your case, give us a call! And don’t forget – we offer a 10% discount for some of our services to our Calgary NW clients.
What if I was injured at work?
When booking an appointment, please inform us if your injury was due to a Motor Vehicle Accident, or work-related injury.
What if I was injured in a car accident?
1. You do not need a referral from a doctor or approval from your insurance company to begin physiotherapy after an accident. However, you must contact your insurance company immediately after your accident.
2. It is recommended that you be assessed by one of our physiotherapists as soon as possible.
3. We will bill your auto insurance company directly, and you will receive treatment following the protocols prescribed under the Alberta Government’s automobile insurance policy.
Is there child care available at the facility?
Yes, we are now receiving children in our clinic and performing special treatments like pediatric physiotherapy (learn more). However, depending on the case, you might need to make arrangements for your child care before your appointment, ensuring your time with your physiotherapist is as productive as possible.
Is my information kept confidential?
What conditions do you treat?
We are able to Assess and Treat a very wide range of Musculoskeletal Conditions, e.g. Tennis Elbow; Golfer's Elbow; Whiplash Injuries; Back and Neck Pain; Sports Injuries; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Fibromyalgia; Ankylosing Spondylitis; Spondylosis; Arthritis; Knee Pain; Ankle Pain; Sprained Ankle and Bell's Palsy, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, ligament Injury, Fracture, and Limited Range of Motion just to name a few. We are also able to offer Neuro-Physiotherapy for conditions such as Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, and MS. Also, we offer muscle or joint Tapping to aid in sports and injury recovery, and provide a full scope of exercise and rehabilitation techniques. Posture correction and Ergonomic advice. Our treatment modalities include Manipulation, Soft tissue and joint mobilization techniques, Electro therapy, for example, Ultrasound therapy, laser therapy, Interferential therapy and dry needling/IMS. If your condition is not on the list, don’t worry! Talk to us to understand what we can do to help you!